CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Weekend Update

I hate that the weekends can come and go so quickly. I always look so forward to them and then it is back to the work week before you can blink.

Quick recap:

Friday night we had some friends over (The Hansens- Maria, Cory and little Audree). Sean made his yummy pizza for us. It was a fun night. The kids laughed and played so it was good. Asha had a sleep over that night as well so we had one extra child. Tayler loves to have sleep overs. She is going through the "scared" phase where she doesn't want to sleep alone in her room so she was thrilled to have someone in there with her.

Saturday was Asha's big birthday party so I took them back up to her house and then went shopping with Rylee. It would have been a lot more fun if I had felt better, but I was pretty sick with stomach stuff so it wasn't that great. It was a few hours of free time though so I can't complain. Rylee and I went to Ross in Ogden and managed to spend the whole 2 hours in just that store. I bought some pants without trying them on first.. big mistake. Too small so back they will go. Then it was temple night, but I stayed home with the kids. Sean represented us though. I didn't feel very good still and we didn't have a babysitter so I stayed home. They said it was a great turnout so I wish I would have been there--65 from just our ward. Pretty good!

Today was a normal Sunday. We woke up to snow again so Sean hurried out and shoveled the walks and then helped feed the girls breakfast. Of course the wake up alarm for the girls was Sean singing "Oh rise and shout the Cougars are out.." He pushes both doors open and starts singing at the top of his lungs. I think that is the highlight of his week. I have decided that 9:00 church is hard to get up for, but way easier to get there on time. We have actually made it on time more for the 9:00 block then we did for 1:00 church.. go figure?! I love to come home and take naps too!! I talked to Mom this afternoon. She has been with Grandma this whole weekend and pretty much all off last week too. I'm sure she is a tired lady! Way to go Mom.

My two little peas in a pod are great. Rylee loves to follow Tayler around wherever she goes. Everyday when Rylee wakes up from her nap she heads right in to Taylers room to wake her up too. She gets so mad if I shut the door so that she can't get in . She sits by the door crying and pounding on it. That was the scene this afternoon until I finally opened the door and let her go in. She was so happy and just laughed and laughed to go see Tay. I put her boots on and let her go outside with Sean to finish shoveling the snow since it has finally stopped. She loved it. She kept putting her hands in it and saying "hot hot" -- not quite, one day we will get that. I love them! They are great little kids.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Loves and hugs to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We woke up to snow this morning! I think the weather man missed this one. The kids are thrilled, I don't know what the magic of snow is for children but they love it!!!
Hugs to all