CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day

Our Memorial Day started off with the semi-final game and the championship game with Tay's team. They were both exciting games to watch.  What a great little team they are!! They played their little hearts out.

 
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!  So proud of them.
 Tracie (Assistant coach), Kaitlyn, Kamryn, Caroline, McKayla, Sean (coach)
Tayler, Clarrisa, Jessica, Kylee, Jessica, Mikelle: not pictured: Ruth.  Caroline guess played for Ruth because she was out of town Monday, but played the rest of the games that week leading up to Monday.





I just think this little girl is so amazing!  They all painted "W's" on their faces before the first game.  I don't know if it stood for Wasatch or Win.. maybe both.  It looks like after 2 games, and a lot of sweat, they started to disappear a little bit.
After the games, we met up with Mom and headed down to Dad's grave.  The weather was beautiful.  I am so grateful for our tradition we have of going each year.  I am not sure we have missed a year.  We usually go on Sunday before things are too hectic and crazy, but this year it was still cold and rainy Sunday afternoon, so we went Monday and the cemetery was beautiful.

My kids love going each year which makes me so happy. It has become a tradition for them as well. When we woke up Monday, Rylee said "I am so excited to go to Grandpa's grave today." We hadn't really talked about it yet either.  I love that.





 Tayler wrote the cutest note to Grandpa.  it said:

"Dear Grandpa, I miss you so MUCH. I love you. Thanks for helping me reach the championship game. Win or lose we went through that game together. Miss you"  (she wrote it right before her first game).  She also put her metal on his grave.  I have no doubt that he would have LOVED watching her play, but since he can't, he helps her along the way.

  such an amazing view with the Mountains.  It may not be the most practical cemetery that he chose, but it is one of the most beautiful!

Perfect day indeed!

3 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

What a perfectly beautiful day for soccer and to visit the cemetery. One of these years I would love to join you there!

Way to go Tayler...you are an amazing little soccer player, how fun that your dad is coach. I love that Rylee and Jayson play as well and want to be just like you! Your note to grandpa made me cry...I'm sure he misses being able to put his arms around you but I'm sure he has been to many of your soccer games! He would be so proud of you and what a great young lady you are!
Love you lots and lots and lots!

Unknown said...

That does look like a perfect day!

Congrats to Tay and Sean for all their hard work!

Love ya!

Joey and Nettifer said...

oh my heck! Tay is awesome and an amazing soccer player!!
Glad you got to go to your dads grave - you are a good daughter and he would be proud!