CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 23, 2012

Neglectful

I feel like I have been so neglectful to my poor blog.  I don't know why I haven't posted more lately, but I guess it is due to the many computer issues we have had, and lack of computers we have had.  My laptop is back in the shop again.  Seriously, why are things made so poorly these days?  I don't understand it.
We have been enjoying some great days lately.  It is always funny to me how "spring" weather works in Utah.  In a weeks load of laundry, I will have capri's and sweaters in the same pile.  Some days are warm and other days I feel like I need to pull the winter coats out again.  Either way, I am grateful that the days are getting warmer and the sun is staying out longer.  It makes doing most things a whole lot easier.

We finally got our waterfall finished outside by the front door.  I am not super impressed with the job they did, but it is done.

Here is the before and after...


Now, I just need to add some greenery around it and possibly a little bench to sit on.  I do love the sound of running water.  There is something so peaceful and calming about it.

Sean had to spend every other night for two weeks getting his D soccer coaching license.  He put in a lot of time and effort.  He will automatically get his State D license and we are hoping he passed the big test on Saturday to earn his National D license.  He did it all with a sprained ankle.  Poor guy.  He still had to participate in all the drills.  Ouch.

We had a lot of time on our hands so we tried to do fun things while Sean was gone.  One afternoon I took them to see the Lorax.  I thought it was a cute show and all 4 of the kids sat through it.

During those 2 weeks I decided to potty train Jackson.  Even though he can't speak much, he did awesome.  He was by far my easiest one.  So NOW, there are no more diapers to buy.  It is a great feeling.  He also had his 2 year check up, just a month and a half late.  He is long and skinny. (24.4 lbs puts him in the 6th percentile for weight and 36 inches puts him in the 75th percentile for height)
.

We also got to go out and hang out with Grandma Linton one of those nights too.  I made molten chocolate cakes and she made homemade magic shell.  So much fun!

Things are always busy at our house, but there are no complaints. xoxox

5 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

LOVE that Jackson is potty trained!
Your kids are so cute and fun...I want to come see the Lorax!
Love the waterfall...I should definitely come and see it!
Hope grandmas makes cake for us!!!!
love ya

Sheri said...

I cannot believe he is 2!! That is crazy! yeah on the potty training! Why is Shawn doing the soccer training? I never see you anymore!! glad you have a blog!! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on no more diapers! How exciting!

Looks like a great spring!

:)

Joey and Nettifer said...

what the heck he is potty trained by 2! You rock! Serious he is amazing and so are you.
What a pretty water foutain in your yard.
I also love that movie. Cute!
Way to go Sean and good luck!

Julie said...

Yeah to Jackson! I like your little creek in your yard, very fun!

How did Sean do on getting that license? Poor guy! I hope that ankle heals fast!