Sunday we woke up and went to Church. My kids woke up at 6 a.m. because they were so excited to have their cousins at their house. Silly kids, they NEVER wake up that early.
After Church, we made lunch and got things ready for dinner. Grandma, Jared, Katie, Cayden and Jake joined us for some yummy homemade pizza's courtesy of Sean. We enjoyed a nice evening, going on a walk and watching different firework shows from our lawn.
The next morning we hit the Roy Pool. The weather was a bit cloudy and looked like it was going to rain the whole time we were at the pool (except for the last hour the SUN finally came out). It did rain a little bit, but that didn't stop anyone from swimming their little hearts out. All of the kids swam like little fishes. We came home and had a barbecue and everyone got ready for the fireworks.
The fireworks this year were fun! Steve was able to join us too. His flight came in at 7:00 p.m. so he was able to be with everyone. He was a bit tired after travelling for 17 hours to get here. Goodness! We brought treats, glow sticks and bubbles for the kids before the show began. They seemed to have a great time together.
All the grand kids, minus Reyes and Camila
Tayler with her "4th" sign
They played music during the firework show and I have to say the Lee Greenwood song " Proud to Be An American" is still my all time favorite. I even get a little choked up when I hear it.
We were all super tired after the firework show so we all crashed!
All the kids slept in the next morning and then Steve made us awesome pancakes for breakfast Tuesday morning before they packed up and headed to Logan/Idaho for another leg of their trip. I hope they have a wonderful week. They are coming back next Thursday. Hurry back :)
We went out to my Mom's house after Jen and Steve headed out to spend the last day with Jared and Katie. We ran out of time to make our smores on Monday so we made them yesterday. They were the best smores I have ever eaten. The kids played so good together and enjoyed the day outside. I am so thankful that they drove over to spend the 4th of July with us! We sure love you guys!
We had to leave at 5:15 to make it back for Tayler's soccer game.
These two ladies were our fire starters. Great job!
The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love the colors, bbq's, summer air, music, fireworks, family, blessings, and freedom's we all enjoy. We truly are blessed.








4 comments:
Yayyy for a fun family 4th of July!
So happy to hear Steve made it in for all the festivities.
OK so can I crash at your house for a few days on the other end of Jen's trip? I want to come hang with you guys in Utah!
Looks like so much fun! I'm so sad we couldn't be there!
Love ya!
what a wonderful 4th of july weekend and how fun to be with your sister and cousins! That is awesome! I love where you went to watch fireworks. ISn't utah pretty? Those mountains are beautiful!
Guess what... we were there!! It was so good to be a part of all the festivities. Eli wants to come back to your house everyday. We miss you but know that there is so much fun to be had on the other end of the trip!!
Love all the pictures!!!!
Love you lots!!! See you soon!!!!!
Post a Comment