We had a relaxing night. Sean made yummy pizza and we chilled! Perfect evening.
Saturday we woke up early for soccer games. Tayler always plays at 8:00 every Saturday morning. Their team did awesome! They tied 3 to 3. This is a huge accomplishment that goals were scored. The first goal they kicked in I jumped out of my chair (it was a huge deal). I was so proud of them.
Rylee's game came next at 10:30. She played her heart out and scored a goal right off. I love the way she claps for herself afterwards. It was adorable.
After Rylee's game was over, I raced off to meet up with my mom and spend a Mothers Day afternoon with her. We started out at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch and then hit IKEA.
We split a meal since the portions are so huge, but had our own piece of cheesecake! Mom chose the Coconut one and I chose the chocolate. YUM! We got to sit out on the patio too. It was such a beautiful day and perfect in every way.
This was my first time ever going to an IKEA. I must admit that I am a big fan and will return soon.
We laughed a lot. I love hanging out with this lady. It was a wonderful afternoon. Thanks Mom for spending your day with me. I am so grateful for the amazing person you are and for all that you have taught me over the years. I LOVE you!! It was fun to see all the mothers/daughters together yesterday and was happy to be with mine.
After we left IKEA I said goodbye to my mom and headed up to dinner with Sean's mom and the rest of their family. She is such a wonderful woman and fantastic mother-in-law. I have loved her and felt welcomed into their family since the beginning. She is always so willing to help us out anytime we need her. Love you Shayla!
Unfortunately, I was still stuffed from lunch so I shared Sean's salad that he got with his meal. After dinner we came home, bathed the kids and went to bed.
Today for Mother's Day, I woke up to crepes. I love crepes and they tasted so good for breakfast. Since we have 9:00 church there isn't much time to do anything else. The kids gave me a card that had their little voices recorded in it. It was so cute.
Friday I told Sean that I wanted to go on a picnic for Mother's Day! There is this beautiful park that we have gone to before that I wanted to revisit. Sadly, the weather turned rainy today so I thought the picnic wouldn't happen, but my awesome husband still made it happen. When we came home from Church he had everything ready and 2 big blankets spread out on the living room floor. So we still had a picnic. It was so fun! I also requested chicken salad sandwiches on croissants and he made the best chicken salad. Have I mentioned how lucky I am that he can cook. Well, it's awesome.
oh yeah, he even pulled out the coolers and everything. It was so adorable. He had chips, cantaloupe, sandwiches, drinks and desserts.
Tayler also gave me this cute flower she made at school with a card.
I feel spoiled. It was an excellent weekend. I loved all the cards, crafts, kisses, hugs, etc. that I received. I am so grateful to be a mother to four beautiful children. I hope I don't mess them up too bad in life. I am also grateful for sisters, sisters-in- laws, and friends that are such wonderful mothers, aunts, and women. I am grateful for their example to me and also for their help on this journey. I am grateful for their love and friendship. I truly am surrounded by amazing people.
Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful people! Love from all of us.








6 comments:
I'm glad you had such a great weekend!
I should say your mother's day weekend rocked! Holy cow what a sweet family you have and I love that SEan did a picnic for you on the floor and even got out the cooler! It is the little things i tell you!
I could spend hours in ikea but I rarely buy anything - weird.
Happy MOther's Day.
A picnic on a rainy day, how perfect! Glad you had a great weekend and were treated like royalty!
What a wonderful Mother's Day for a wonderful mother! I am so glad that your family treated you to such fun!
You really packed it in and did it up right! Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! The pictures with your mom are soo cute!
Hi cute friend!
It's been too long since I've checked in!
DC looked like a bunch of fun! I'd give anything to go on a trip right now... anywhere!
Your kids are so big and those girls are beautiful!
Mother's Day looks like it was great too! I'm glad to have a man that can, and will, cook too!
Post a Comment