On our way home from Las Vegas, Sean and I stopped off in New Harmony to see the house my mom & dad were planning to move into. My Dad did so much work on this house. I remember several weekends after my mission, I would go with him to help (not sure I was ever a help). We would get there late Friday night, wake up early Saturday morning to go into St. George for supplies and then eat at Denny's. We would work all day Saturday and then sleep in the little camper parked in the drive-way. It really does bring back so many memories to see it. It has been a LONG time since I have been there. We only made 1 wrong turn, but found it fairly easily-- good thing New Harmony isn't very big!
We laughed so hard when we saw this outhouse in the back.. what the heck?








4 comments:
Jared really loves that house too. He always talks about how much fun he had helping your dad build it. When we went to St. George when we had just started dating he took me to see it. I love hearing stories about building the New Harmony house. It really is beautiful.
that home is beautiful! Your dad was so talented! Nice walk down memory lane!
Wow! I only saw that house once on our way to Vegas. It is beautiful...don't you wish the walls could talk and you could hear dad's voice?
That is definitely a walk down memory lane! We did have some good times there that is for sure!
Post a Comment