Day 20
Carmel/ Chocolate Pretzels
We cranked out about 120 of these for Sean's work. MMMM, they were good! Then we spent the night trying to find cellophane bags. They were sold out at every store we went too, so next year I will buy them as soon as I see them :)
Day 21
This day we got to go see Grandma and play for a while. We even turned around to get the camera and I still didn't take one single picture! Dang. It was a great day and so fun to hang out. That night, Sean took all the kids (sans Jackson) to the BYU/Weber State basketball game up in Ogden. While they were gone, Jackson and I finished up Christmas shopping!
Day 22
This is one of my favorite days with my family. We usually do this on the 23rd because it is our Christmas Eve, Eve tradition, but this year because Sean had other plans for the 23rd (see below) we did this on the 22nd instead. Our tradition is to order pizza, eat candy and watch movies until midnight and then everyone sleeps together in the living room. The kids get to pick the movies and the place we order pizza from. This year we had Domino's, rootbeer, Krispy Kreme donuts and lots of CANDY! We watched Nanny McPhee Returns and Ramona and Beezus. We also ended up playing Uno Spin as well. I wish that I had more pictures from the night, but I only have one after they all were sleeping. (Jackson slept up in his crib still).
It was a very fun night and one of our favorite traditions (this is our 3rd year doing it!)
Day 23
BYU basketball game
Sean got tickets from a co-worker to go down to the BYU/UTEP game. We decided to all go along. We left around 5:30 and still didn't make it until 7:20 to the game. Once we sat down everyone had a good time. Of course they had to have cotton candy the minute we got there. They all cheered and yelled and sang the fight song. Luckily, BYU pulled off a WIN so everyone was happy.
can you see Ry's lost tooth?
That day I had a hair appointment and decided to go BROWN. It is still a little weird, but I do love it!I have to admit that this count down was semi exhausting, but so fun. I am grateful that we were able to do so many things together as a family and truly enjoy each other. We have awesome memories and for that it was all worth it and I can't wait to do it again next year! This was definitely my favorite year so far. We had 3 things on our list that we never got to: making suckers, sledding, and going to Temple Square to see the lights, but I am sure we still will before the year is over. We crammed a lot of stuff into 23 days.
xoxox,
THE END









4 comments:
You did cram a lot in 23 days!
I like the hair!
:)
You are a rock star to do the whole advent calendar count down! You are awesome and what fun you guys all had. Love the idea of sleeping together as a big sleep over! You are so fun! Those pretzels looks so yummy!
Those pretzles were yummy! Wow, you did pack a lot in to the month of December. Such fun memories!
How fun! I found your blog! I'm "following" you now so I can keep up with you and your cute fam. Love the brunette look- someday I'll be brave and go a few shades darker!
Post a Comment