CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Is it really November..

On Saturday I went on a fabulous run with only my running shorts and short sleeved shirt at 9 in the morning. I thought I would need a jacket, but didn't.  It was still almost hot.  I loved every minute.  I even looked up into the mountains and there was only a light dusting of snow on the very tippy top.  It was perfect. It was a little unusual for there to not be any snow, even in the mountains.  It was a beautiful day.  AND then this morning we woke up to SNOW.  My kids were ecstatic.  We played Christmas music while eating breakfast (actually it was just playing on the radio).  I am so not ready for the snow and cold, but alas here we are.

Yesterday we had Parent-Teacher conferences for Tayler and Rylee.  I love both of their teachers and am so proud of both my girls.  Tayler has always succeeded at whatever she puts her mind too.  Her teachers say she is a dream and got all 3's on her report card (they grade using the 1-2-3 system).  3 is the best you can get.  She is kickin' some major 3rd grade bootie.  Rylee has blown me out of the water with all she is learning and absorbing.  She is really finding her nitch and is loving every minute.  I have to admit, I was a little bit worried about her, but she really is doing awesome.  The teacher showed me her test she did the week before school started and compared it with what she is doing now.  HOLY COW, huge difference! She has made leaps and bounds and is reading and spelling and doing so awesome.  I was very proud of both of them.

Have you been wondering what Jayson has been up to while the kids are at school.  Well, here is a sample (don't worry that isn't a black eye or anything). 
It's only make-up.  A lack of parental supervision during the morning hours I guess.  One day he intently watched me putting on my make-up.  It was a little weird, but I didn't think anything of it.  Well, after I finished he came out (about 20 minutes later) with make-up on and was so proud of himself.  He declared "now I'm pretty like you mommy" (after adding the headband).  Oh boy, your daddy will be so proud.  I love hanging out with my boys in the mornings.  We usually don't do anything.  We hardly get dressed half the time.  We read books and play with Jayson's train.  I love it.  Now that it's getting cold we will throw hot chocolate into our morning rountine.

I am grateful for the month of November.  I love to remember what things I am thankful for, big and small.  I am a very blessed person! 

8 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Jayson is sooo pretty!!!
Love it!
Snow...wierd....it does make it feel more like the holiday season, maybe we should get some here!!
Your kids are the smartest kids in Utah!!!! LOVE them!!!
Hugs to all!!

Sheri said...

Your kids are so adorable!! Time is flying!! Or maybe I am just getting old?! Brie asked me why I was coloring my hair and I said to hide the gray cause I have to be beautiful to be your mom... she said 'yeah, so people don't think you are my grandma!" :) I think I would prefer the makeup wearing boy... much better for my ego!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

I love the snow! Bring it on! I went and woke up madelyn so she could see the first snow fall & Yeah for Christmas music!

Way to go girls on being so smart! You guys are good parents!

Jayson is killing me. He will thank you later in life for taking that picture - can we say wedding video :)

Kendi said...

I know SNOW, yuck! I agree.
Glad to hear I am not the only one to take a day or two a week to just hang out and not get ready. Those days are my favorite!

Unknown said...

It really does look like a black eye from here!

:)

Julie said...

Such smarties and cute kids you have! Love Jayson's "black eye"!

Katie & Jared said...

That's great that your girls are doing so well in school. They are so wonderful though it doesn't come as too much of a surprise.

Jayson is quite pretty. Cayden likes to pretend to put on my make up but he hasn't really done it yet.

I love your kids, they are so cute!

kourtney said...

Seriously not ready for the cold and the snow. I am going to start my hibernation mode again. Your kids are great! You shouldn't have to worry about anything! Hey make-up is better than the real thing, right?