CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

PUMPkin time

Last night we had our annual pumpkin carving night.  We had yummy soup and bread bowls for dinner and then started carving!  Last year when I looked back we did it on the exact same night too.

 Pullin' out the guts.. Jayson wouldn't even put his hands in the pumpkin. 
 Tayler wanted to do her very own this year, so she did!  I helped her with a few things, but she did it almost all by herself.  I think she did an amazing job for her first time.
 Rylee had 2 pumpkins to carve last night.  She got one on her field trip from school.  We did "BOO" on her little one and then she choose a bat for her big one.
 Jayson was very proud of his.  He choose it out of the book and was determined that was the one he wanted to have.  Thankfully his daddy made his day and did it.  We weren't even sure exactly what it was, but he was convinced it was a ghost. (he's obsessed with ghosts these days).

 All 5 pumpkins done and ready to go out to the porch
 Jayson's
 Taylers owl
 Sean did the cross bones.  It looked cool out of the porch glowing.
Rylee's bat

I sometimes dread pumpkin carving night, but last night was so much fun.  I'm grateful for the little things we get to do together.  It is always fun and I love to see how happy my kiddos are while we are doing it and then afterwards. 

6 comments:

Carley said...

We did our pumpkins last night too!!! Fun times...I need to be more creative and do some serious carving next year like you guys did! They look great!

Jenny Moore said...

Awesome pumpkins!
We haven't even bought ours...better get busy, last year there were none to be had...oops!
Hugs

Kendra said...

Don't you just love Halloween! Awesome pumpkins Jess. you've inspired me. :)

Julie said...

So fun! They all turned out great!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great time! I think Jayson's looks like a ghost too!

:)

Unknown said...

Your pumpkins look great! We still haven't carved ours this year, um falling behind!
How are you?
Congrats on 9 years!