Last weekend my sister Julie and I got to go to GEORGIA to visit my sister Jen and her adorable family. It was so much fun and so good to hug and kiss them all again. Jackson got to tag along with us as well. We arrived Friday evening and made it back to Jen and Steve's around 7:30. Jackson and I started out Friday morning and flew into Denver where we met up with Julie. We had an hour and a half before our next flight left so we went to an awesome restaurant in the airport and had lunch. The flight to Atlanta was perfect. Julie busted out some Sudoku and we gave it a try. Jackson slept. It was great. Jen and Alyssa met us at the airport. It was so good to see them.
Saturday morning we helped clean at the new house they are moving into this week. Julie and I needed to get a run in so Steve gave us a map and we ran over to the new house. It was a gorgeous run and the air was amazing to breathe. It was a big difference.
 |
| All the cute kiddos (minus Em) vegged on the couch watching Saturday morning cartoons. |
The new house is adorable with so much room and a HUGE backyard. I am so excited for them. We had fun cleaning and getting things ready to move into. Afterwards, we came back to their apartment, showered and got ready to go to Stone Mountain. We spent half the day at Stone Mountain and it was a perfect day. I couldn't believe that every day there was still in the high 80's! Steve kept Eli home, so just the girls (and Jackson) went. We missed Eli and Steve. Julie, Em, and Meg did this awesome ropes course while Jen, Lyssa, Jackson and I played in the creek, ate fudge, and played on the other toys they had. It was
so much fun to just chill and enjoy the day.
 |
| Alyssa, Meg and Jackson by the creek |
 |
| Jen and Lyssa |
 |
| Jackson really loved the fudge.. can you tell? |
 |
| We loved this decorated pumpkin |
 |
| Julie, Em, Meg, Lyss, Jen and me |
 |
| Jen and her cute girls |
 |
| Julie and Lyssa on the zip line |
 |
| Meg and Lyssa zippin' along |
 |
| Here is the 1st level of the ropes course they did |
 |
| Ready to cross another section |
After we finished playing on the zip line and climbing tower we walked back to the car to get our picnic dinner. There were tables right where we parked so we enjoyed a nice little picnic. We had some crazy hornets join us, but we all used our mad swatting skills to get rid of them.
 |
| Meg, Em, and Julie |
After dinner they put on an amazing laser/firework show on the mountain.. hence the name Stone Mountain.
 |
| My darling sisters |
 |
| Jackson all bundled up |
 |
| Jacks and Meg dancing |
 |
| Getting ready for the show |
 |
Here you can see the mountain behind the kids. It is HUGE!
We had such a great day and loved seeing all that Stone Mountain had to offer (well, most of it). It was a crazy, busy day there, but great nonetheless.
Sunday was the Primary Program practice at church. It was fun to sit and listen to all the kids. Jen did an amazing job writing the program. She is a wonderful Primary President. Steve also taught Gospel Doctrine and did a great job. I wish I would have heard all of his lesson, but due to Jackson's blow out I spent a good portion of the time in the Mothers Lounge :)
Monday we went shopping. We always have to get a shopping trip in when we are together. We were hungry after we started so we grabbed a bite to eat at Chick-Fil-A. Love that we all got kids meals. |
Monday night after the kids were tucked in bed, we went back over to the new house to paint Jen's entryway benches. It was so handy having Em stay home and watch the kids.
 |
| Steve and Eli hanging up some blinds. He is such a cutie |
 |
| Jen taking a turn painting |
 |
Julie and I attempting to paint.. I hope it turned out okay..??
Tuesday morning came and it was time to say goodbye. It is never long enough, but it was so great to see everyone. We had to say good-bye to all the kids before they left for school. They are all such amazing kids. It is hard to be so far away from them. |
 |
| Jackson helping Julie pack her suitcase |
 |
| Saying good-bye to Alyssa and Meg |
 |
| All ready for school. Aren't they adorable. |
 |
Julie and Em. She is the Student Body president at her middle school.
We went out to eat at Panera Bread for lunch before heading to the airport. It was so yummy. |
It was hard to say goodbye. I am so grateful for the time I do get spend with them. My sisters have become 2 of my very best friends and I love it! They are amazing people.
The flight home was uneventful (thank heavens). Jackson fussed a little bit on the flight from Atlanta to Denver, but didn't make a peep on the flight from Denver to SLC. I always worry about that. On the way to Atlanta a little boy screamed the EnTiRe 2 1/2 hours. Yikes! Julie hung out with me in Denver until my plane left. I am so grateful that she was with me most of the way.
It was fun seeing my family waiting to pick me up at the curb. They had LOTS to tell me on the way home :)
I am so grateful to Sean for ALWAYS letting me go no matter what. He did a great job being the mom and dad for 5 days. He had the house clean, the kids homework done, and took them to do fun things every day I was gone, not to mention juggling all the work he still had to do every day. Thanks babe. You are the best.
7 comments:
Your pictures are a little bit different than Jenny's - Love that you were all able to get together. I cannot wait to go to Stone Mountain someday!!
Thanks so much for coming, it was such a great time!!
We hung and decorated the entry way shelf and it's PERFECT!! I think of you when I see it!
Things are coming together and we're hanging things as we go...it's feeling "homey" is a way. Good to have my stuff back!
Miss you...love ya!
Looks like such an amazing time! Aren't sisters the BEST!? I have 2sisers and they both live out of state as well....I hate that they are so far away, but we always cherish every minute we can spend together! Jackson is getting SO big!!! Must be all that fudge:)
What fun!
Love the post! It looks like such an amazing trip!:) I especially love that picture of you with your two sisters...va va voom, girlie! You're a hottie! :)
Let's hang out soon, shall we? I hope you're all healthy again at your house...
It is so awesome to not just all be sisters, but great friends. I love the time I get to spend with you both.
Such a great trip! We should definitely make sisters weekend an annual event!
OH my heck how fun! Love that you got sister time and how nice of you to help out! I can't believe how much your nieces look like your own girls!
Glad you had such a fun time with fam & that stone mountain looks awesome!
Post a Comment