CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Goodbye Sweet Grandma

On Friday, March 19, my sweet Grandma B. finished her earthly journey and had a grand reunion with my Grandpa, her parents, and many others on the other side.

She was such a sweet grandma, and always loved to hold my hand or give me hugs and kisses. For the past few years, she has been living in a nursing home. It was fun to see her sweet smile when we would go, but her mind was not complete anymore so she didn't recognize us, but I hope she felt our love even though she didn't remember our names a few minutes after telling her.

That isn't the way I remember my Grandma, however.

I remember being so excited to go to her home in California on vacation.
I loved their home in Utah as well.
I loved to go and look at her flowers that she grew. She always had beautiful flowers and shrubs.
I loved how Grandma would always try to feed us and if we would refuse she would giggle and 30 seconds later you would be eating :)
When I was up at Ricks College I would come down and stay with Grandma and Grandpa for the weekend. I always felt loved and safe when I was around her.
She had a way of smiling with her eyes.
She loved to tell the stories about each of the Hammels in her cabinet.
Her house always seemed like a home because she took such pride in it.
I remember her dog, Sarah who she LOVED.

My grandma would often watch Tayler for me when she was little and I was cleaning houses. She always took such good care of her and I knew that I could call her whenever I needed help.

There are many, many things about my grandma that I will always remember.
Until we meet again, I love you GRANDMA!!

10 comments:

CB said...

I talked to Jenny yesterday and she told me. So sorry about losing your Grandma. It has not been quite a year since I lost mine and you miss their sweetness. Love reading your memories :D

Kendi said...

Grandparents really are so special and the memories that we creat/created with them are very treasured.
So sorry to hear. We'll be thinking of your family.

Debbie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma Jess. She must have been a remarkable woman!

Jen said...

Nice post Jess

Joey and Nettifer said...

Sad! I am sorry!
I love all your happy memories! What a way to remember her!

Sheri said...

What a sweet remembrance! Love and hugs to you. I think it is always hard to lose a loved one no matter how much better it is for them! Thankfully we know it is not forever and we will be with them again.

Carley said...

I am so sorry. I am sure she was such a special woman and you have such great memories of her!

Maria said...

Hammels in her cabinet? I want to hear that story...! So sorry about your grandma. Love you!

Unknown said...

I love how you said she smiled with her eyes. That was totally true but I had never thought of it that way.

Love ya!

Julie said...

She did always hold your hand...that is Grandma! Great post.