CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lights, Camera, Action..

Yesterday at the Dr. he checked Jackson's bilirubin and sure enough it was HIGH. Bummer. Last night Home Care delivered the lights. They are way better than they were 7 years ago. Now it's just a bed they lay on and then there is a bili blanket that goes over the top and they are in this little blue paper blanket. Not too bad, except that I want to hold him, but have to leave him in the bed. He seems to not mind at all though. He also has pink eye in his right eye so he has some antibiotic drops. Other than that everything went well. We were there for 2 hours! Way too long with 3 hungry kids.

Stats:
Weight: 6 lbs. 5 oz. (he came home from the hospital at 6 lbs. 4 oz., so he has 1 more week to gain 3 oz. and be back to his birth weight by his 2 week check-up next Wednesday).
Length: 19 1/2 inches (same as at birth)
Head: 17th percentile.

I just can't get enough of him! He is so much fun. Everyone stopped to look at him at the Dr. yesterday. They said they couldn't believe how little he was.

Last night the girls did such an awesome job! I was so proud of both of them. Tayler got to perform hers twice because the music messed up at the end. I'm glad that they enjoy dance.

Daddy got them some flowers.
Hooray Ry!
Way to go Tay!

Since that is over now, I am hoping for a quiet and relaxing rest of the week. My body is definitely feeling the hustle and bustle from the past few days. We have to go back to the Dr. today again to get Jackson's bilirubin tested. Let's hope it has gone down enough to send the lights back. I doubt it, but we will hope.

10 comments:

Jen said...

Poor little dude...he does look pretty sweet under those blue blankets. Hope things are better today!
Way to go Tay and Rylee...great dancing. I love that Sean brought them flowers, that is awesome.

Jess, take care of yourself...don't over do it superwoman (easier said than done with 3 other kids!)
Love ya

Joey and Nettifer said...

I should say lights! Those are pretty cute blankies for him to sleep under. SO sad you can't hold him. i hope he doesn't have to stay in there long.

Way to go on dancing! Cute little girls. Where do they dance at?

Kendi said...

I absolutely hate those lights. Both my kids have been under then for almost a week after they are born. It's pure misery if you ask me! Maybe I am just a baby but it's so hard when you want to hold and cuddle them but all you can do is get them out feed them (naked) and stick them back under the lights. Sorry....I really feel for you.

Glad that the dance recital is over with. Enjoy your quiet days at home!

Susan said...

He IS so cute! Oh, just eat it up! I can't believe my Meghan is already 9 months. Where does the time go? While I'm thrilled to be done having kids, I'm gonna miss my babies as babies!

CB said...

All of my kids had to stay under the bilirubin lights for 4 days. They stayed at the hospital, I went home and traveled back and forth to nurse. They were laying in their little bassinets with their special eye covers sunbathing.
It is such a pain....

I agree with Jen don't over due - easier said than done I know.

CB said...

All of my kids had to stay under the bilirubin lights for 4 days. They stayed at the hospital, I went home and traveled back and forth to nurse. They were laying in their little bassinets with their special eye covers sunbathing.
It is such a pain....

I agree with Jen don't over due - easier said than done I know.

Unknown said...

That light blanket is so cute! Hope it works soon for him!

He is pretty cute!

Good job girls!

Karly and Nick said...

At least he gets to be under lights at home...though it's so hard to not hold them!!! What a cute guy!

Shantelle said...

I love the new Bili Blanket! Thanks for keeping your fans updated! The pictures are so adorable!!

Julie said...

That blanket looks nice and warm, I wouldn't mind a blanket like that!

Good job on the dance girls!

Can't wait to meet little Jackson and see you and Rylee in a short few days!