CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

December 1st

Here we are the 1st Day of December and it was a beautiful day. I am okay with no snow, yet!

Sunday night, we put up all the Christmas decor (minus my railing). Our tree is a beast to wrap in lights, but when it is all finished I love to sit in the dark, with just the lights of the Christmas tree shining. It calms my soul and I feel at peace. I know this is a semi-blurry picture, but you get the idea.

I have decided that everyday for the next 24 days, as we count down to Christmas, we will do some kind of Christmas activity, whether it be big or small. I am trying to be a fun mom and enjoy the holidays with my kids. We'll see how it goes.

Tonight after dinner was cleaned up we started with our first activity. The kids painted ornaments for their Christmas tree upstairs. They had a great time and were so excited. I am pretty sure Jayson tasted each color of paint and was pretty much covered from head to toe, but I kept my OCD in check and just let them have fun.





(we had fruit punch for dinner, can you tell with all their red mustaches?)
** (Did you notice their hair cuts in the pictures? I took all 3 of them last Wednesday to the College of Beauty that is by our house. They wash, cut, blow dry and style it- all for $5. My kids love to go. Even Jayson wanted in on the action. Rylee wanted her hair cut short so I let her (it was really hard to let her do it knowing I couldn't do fun hairstyles with it anymore). At first I wasn't so sure I loved it, I think I was just shocked by how short it really was, but now it totally fits her cute little self and I love it and so does she. That is all that matters right? Tayler's is cut just like mine and Jayson looks like a little stud with his sides and back trimmed up. Anyway, just a side note! :)**

10 comments:

Maria said...

You are the cutest mom on the block! Way to go! :) All the while I was reading the post and looking at the pictures I was thinking--hey-cute hair--wait! It's SHORT! And darling, by the way! Cute cute kiddos!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

did I notice there hair - of course it is adorable and it is SHORT! Your kids are beautiful!

Oh yeah and your tree is amazingly huge and beautiful!
What a fun mom to do something fun everyday! Keep it up!

Jen said...

Okay I was thinking when did you cut their hair? Oh my, sooo cute!! They all look darling!!!
You are a fun mom, want to come and be a fun mom for my kids?!!!!
Love ya

Michael said...

This is Debbie, not Mike. I just realized I'm signed in under his name.
What a great idea Jess! Their hair is adorable too. I might have to take my kids there. Scotlyn keeps telling me she wants her hair short and it looks like they do a great job for the price!

Susan said...

The haircuts are adorable! Rylee's length is super cute - hopefully Lillian's will grow quick 'cause I think that length will look better on her, too.

And your tree is gorgeous!

Shantelle said...

That's so funny that we all noticed the cute haircuts before you even mentioned them. You are a fun mom!!

Unknown said...

I was thinking...Did they get their hair cut??

Too cute! Good luck with your activities. What a cute idea!

anna said...

This is Jessica Bangerter. Hi Tayler do you like horses because I was going to draw you some horses. You are coming to my houes on Monday. Love Jessica Lynn Bangerter

Katie & Jared said...

SHOCKED by the girls short hair but I absolutely LOVE IT!!! They all are such cute kids.

I love the idea of a Christmas activity each day of the month. How fun!!!

Julie said...

Jess you are such a good Mom! What fun to have an activity a day... another tradition in the making?