This past weekend was WONDERFUL in every way!
I am so grateful that Jen's friends let me come and tag along. I flew into Boise on Thursday at 9:05 and Jen flew in that same night at 11:10 p.m. We had tickets to see the Midnight showing of The Twilight Series: New Moon. When Jen arrived we hugged and then ran to pick up the rental and FLY (literally) to the theater. We made it with a few minutes to spare before midnight. Luckily they didn't start the movie in our theatre until 12:20 so we had a few minutes to breath as well. These cute ladies, Cherie and Cindy, greeted us when we arrived. Cherie had shirts made up for the whole group that said "Team Edward" Jen and I slipped ours on and had a picture.. (remember this is at midnight).
I did enjoy the movie, but my dang leg made it hard to sit still and concentrate. We left the theater around 3:00 a.m. and went straight to Cherie's house. We were all dead tired. I think I could have slept standing up :) We brushed our teeth and called it a night.
The next morning Cherie had a brunch at her house at 11:00 a.m. for all the gals that went to the movie. It was YUM! She made muffins, quiche and then Cindy brought fruit. This is the awesome table she had all set up. Everything was amazing. It was fun to talk about the movie and eat. I was amazed at all the preperation that went into everything. It was fabulous.
After brunch we talked for a while and then took naps. I seriously don't know how I did it all those years in college and it didn't even phase me, NOW.. it totally wipes me out! After a 2 hour nap I felt great and so we got ready for the day. We went out to eat that night to the Texas Roadhouse. We rented some movies and went back to Cherie's house to veg.
My cute sis, here we are ready for the day! (at 6 pm)
Cherie (our wonderful hostess), Steph (who flew in from Spokane) and Jen (who flew in from Georgia). Isn't that awesome that everyone came back to the old stompin' ground. I think they are darling! On Saturday we went shopping to the outlets, took Steph to the airport, and then went and saw New Moon again. Yep, twice within an almost 24 hour period! I have to say the second time was much better. I think being tired and crammed into a hot theater, along with my restless leg didn't help the first time so I loved seeing it again.
Afterwards, Jen and I ran some errands and then we came back and got ready to go to the temple.
All, in all we had the best time! I truly enjoyed every minute and am so thankful to Sean for having a daddy weekend. He took them shopping, bowling, etc. He is a wonderful person and I loved having a break. I feel rejuvenated! Thanks babe.
Sunday morning we went to Sacrament Meeting and then came back to Cherie's to pack up. Jen and I had flights that left within 20 minutes of each other so we headed to the airport around 11:30 that morning. She left at 12:52 and I left at 1:08. It was not fun to say good-bye to her. I hate that part! It is hard having them so far away and not getting to see her as often as we used to. We sat and talked for a while and then it was time to leave. I love my sis so much and am so grateful that she included me in her weekend.
And a HUGE thank you to Cherie for everything. Thank you for letting us stay in your home and making everything so perfect. You are wonderful!
Eclipse comes out June 30th! Yahoo. Can't wait ;)
Eclipse comes out June 30th! Yahoo. Can't wait ;)










9 comments:
It looks like you had a great time Jessica! What a fun weekend!
How fun for you! I heard the next one comes out June 7th-at least that is what Taylor (Jacob) told Regis and Kelly on their show. So I guess we will all just wait and see!
That party looks like so much fun! Love that you are team Edward! Me to but I did question it after I saw Jacob - hello 12 pack. So glad you had a fun girls night out!
Holy Moly! What a fun-filled weekend! I'm so glad you got a little break. Every mom-to-be needs something fun like that!! Can't wait to hang out soon--have a great Thanksgiving!!
What a great recap of the weekend!
Can't wait to post mine, hopefully soon!!
I'm soooo glad you got to come up, it was wonderful that you were there. It was super hard to say goodbye to you all the girls. I have a GREAT sister and GREAT friends!!
Love you all!
Glad you guys had such an awesome weekend!
Sounds perfect!! I can't wait to fly somewhere and reconnect with real friends and sisters again. FB just doesn't cut it. 7 months to go!
I feel like I've known you forever! SO GLAD you could come and join in all the fun!!
Well I am sad I didn't get to see you at the airport, but glad I got to chat with you and help you waste a few minutes as you waited!
Glad you had a great weekend.
Post a Comment