CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Rylee's turn

Yesterday was Rylee's turn to start school. Monday night Sean gave her a sweet Father's blessing & she was so happy! I can't believe that next year she will be heading to Kindergarten. How do our kids grow up so quickly? Well, this year Rylee didn't want to go anywhere for pre-school so I am putting on my teacher's hat (don't laugh) and will be her teacher & try to get her ready for kindergarten. We started yesterday and had a great time. She was a little hesitant at first, but we played an ABC game and she relaxed after that. We did a review of letters, sounds, colors, and shapes and then took a field trip to the library for story time and to check out some books. It was a fun 1st day. Rylee was happy to include Jayson in her class with us :)

If anyone has any great websites or helps in the pre-school department please SHARE! I need all the help I can get.

14 comments:

CB said...

Rylee looks adorable. It is so hard, yet fun when they start kindergarten! You will have some fun one on one time with your little man till the new one arrives!
There are some great computer "games" out there that teach all the basics in a fun way. Check Costco.

P.S. Kurke had to drive into a little town to hear the end of the game and was SO excited by the score!! He would have loved to be there it was such a major win! Glad Sean got to go - Best game in a long time!!

CB said...

I just realized Rylee will start Kindergarten next year! This will be a fun learning year for her!!

Maria said...

Such a cutie! Mommies make the best teachers anyway, in my opinion!! :) One website that Marlana loves is www.preschoolexpress.com. It even has a calendar of fun activities to do each day of the month, and a ton of links for themes...there are a ton of choices for the fall time... :) I LOVE FALL!
Have fun!

Sheri said...

You two will love this year sent together!! I am sure you will do a great job!! I am trying to do some of the same with my little Brie as she is my shadow now a days!!

Jen said...

You are a great mommy to be doing preschool with Rylee. I think I should've done more with Alyssa, now I'm trying to help her reach the crazy things Georgia makes kindergartners know. INSANE!
A couple good websites are:
enchantedlearning.com and www.colormountain.com
Good luck!
Love ya!

Kendra said...

You are pretty brave to take that on Jess! You always have such cute ideas, you'll be great. Brookie just started at Sarah's and it's so weird to have time alone to myself. I almost don't know what to do. I guess i'll wait 2 months and have this babe and be praying for some quiet time again. :) how are ya feelin' these days? hope things are great for you!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Way to go Jess! I think that is awesome! I have the coolest website and when I find it I will send it to you. I used it for the 2 years of Joy school I did with Madelyn. My friend teaches her little kids and she does two days of school and then every friday they go on a field trip! Good for you! How cute that you even took her picture with a backpack on. You are a cool mom!

Shantelle said...

starfall.com is great for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten stuff. If you want to order a curriculum go to www.abeka.com (it's the one I used when I did that neighborhood school) Rylee will be reading full books within a few months.
I'll also email you a book I put together for second graders to use when they are writing. Tayler might find it helpful during journal time at home and you can give me some candid feedback.
Have Fun!!

Julie said...

What cute kids! Have fun Rylee. Good luck teacher... you'll do great!

Karly and Nick said...

You will do so great teaching Rylee! I love the bare feet in the picture...going to school in bare feet would be the best!

And did I read Sean went the the BYU Oklahoma game...Nick wanted to go so bad! It was an amazing game!

Cody and Haylee said...

That's awesome Jess! I'm so amazed by all you do while pregnant and the list keeps getting longer... You need to hold classes for Mommies to let them in on how you do it!

CB said...

Jess plan on a New Moon Bash!! Wah Whoo!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on being the preschool teacher. I've seen books at Costco for things like that.

Good luck! Have fun, Rylee!

Jen Crook said...

I don't do preschool with my kids. I figure they learn it all eventually on their own when they are ready. I just enjoy and veg with my kids. I am enjoying the lack of structure with this, my last child, the last year before Kindergarten. They have SO many years to formally be in school...why start them so early?