CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bear Lake 2009

We had a blast at Bear Lake! It was so nice and relaxing and SO much fun to just be with my little family. We checked in Monday evening and just enjoyed being there. We had a great location right by the pool, mini golf course, and playground which we took full advantage of almost everyday.

Tuesday we went and tried out the pool with a diving board. The water was FREEZING! Jayson got in and got right back out. The other 2 stayed in and swam with Sean and I put my legs in. I was not about to jump into ice water.

Wednesday we rented Wave Runners and went out for a spin. Sean had Jayson and Tayler with him and I had Rylee with me. Those are a fun little toy and amazingly I felt so safe on them. I'm sad I didn't get any pictures. I wasn't about to take my nice camera out there. I really need a travel camera!

Thursday we rented ATV's and went on a 5 hour ride up in the Mountains. It was a blast and the kids loved it (for the first 3 hours at least :) The last 2 hours did seem to be a little too much. When we got home I felt like I ran a marathon. We were dirty from head to toe (LITERALLY) and my legs and bum hurt so bad! It was so fun to have the mountains on one side and the lake and beach on the other. The best of both worlds, for sure!

Friday and Saturday were a little cold. But we found lots to do still.

PLAYING ON THE BEACH







PLAYING ON THE PLAYGROUND



Wednesday Tay lost her top tooth. Look at that hole! Thank heavens the tooth fairy still found us clear up there. :)
We also went on bike rides. Good think Jays loves wearing a helmet. Crazy kid!
Sunday we went up to a lake called TONY GROOVE for a little picnic lunch. It was beautiful up there.
The kids got brave and dipped their feet in the lake.






Saturday it was rainy and 49 degrees so we drove down to Logan to see Jen, Steve and their cute kids who were staying at their friends house. I really didn't want to say good-bye. It was hard, but I am so glad that we were able to spend a few hours with them. We laughed and cried and had a wonderful time. Good luck in Georgia Moores! You'll be great.
All the cousins from Jen and I.
(L to R: Rylee, Jayson, Tayler, Meghan, Emmy, Eli and Alyssa)

Cute Jen, Em and Eli

I couldn't get Steve to smile at me, he kept making funny faces.
Jen and I
Look at the Parker's beautiful back yard. It was amazing. Jayson found a cat and chased it around the whole time.

7 days of bliss! It makes me appreciate the simple things in life so much more. We snuggled, watched movies, went and got ice cream almost every night, took naps, woke up late, stayed up late, ate WAY too many chocolate covered rasberries (it was the tail end of rasberry days at Bear Lake), went on bike rides, etc. Loved every minute!

13 comments:

Maria said...

Looks/sounds like you had a BLAST! You deserved it! You guys have worked so hard on that beautiful house/yard of yours...

Good luck with your meet & greet this Sunday!

Joey and Nettifer said...

you had a wonderful vacation! Love it! Good family times and for being pregnant it hasn't slowed you down a bit! Good job!
Your kids are so cute!
Good job Taylor for loosing your tooth!

CB said...

What a wonderful vacation! That is so neat that you rented jet skiis and took all the kids on them. I can just imagine that was a blast!!
I can't believe you went on a 5 hour ATV ride pregnant!! You definately must be feeling better which is GOOD!!
We'll have to get to Bear Lake one of these days it really looks like a fun place!

Katie & Jared said...

What an awesome time!!! It looks so beautiful up there! I love the picture of the kids on the swings overlooking the water!

Glad to hear you had such a great time. I am sorry we didn't get to see you though. Maybe next time.

LOVE YA!!

jamatukk said...

Jess:
Super cute glad you had a fun family vacation. Good to see you guys to day, the kids loved it and asked when we get to see you guys again. Great to visit with you. Your house is beautiful. Britt

Shelly said...

I love all the pictures! It brings back memories of the yearly trips we took to Bear Lake growing up (we didn't do the ATVs and the Wave Runners-we just tried Gpa's boat that never seemed to run!)

I am glad that you guys got a chance to get away and Tay-you look so good without that top tooth. I hope it was an expensive tooth!

Susan said...

Looks fun. I think about half my ward went to Bear Lake this summer... we will have to check it out sometime.

Wow, Rylee's hair so so long! You and your girls are so gorgeous!.

Sorry we missed you in UT... next time!

Debbie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Glad you had such a great time!

Sheri said...

sounds absolutely amazing!!

Julie said...

Thanks for taking a lot of great pictures... glad you even got in a couple!

Such fun... those kids are sure lucky to be able to do all those fun things- what great memories!

Glad you had a fun time and even got to see Jen, Steve, and the kids. It's always tough to say good-bye.

Cody and Haylee said...

I LOVE your pictures Jess! Your family is SO beautiful!!! I'm glad you guys had a good vacation.

Jenny Moore said...

Love all your pictures, I'm so glad we got to see you, it meant a lot!

Unknown said...

Hey, we've been to Tony Groove, I mean Grove.

:)