CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Grandma Dunroe

February 14, 1915 to July 5, 2009
Today we celebrated the life of Sean's grandma, Clara. It was a beautiful day and ceremony and everyone did such a wonderful job that participated on the program. We missed Shayla and Shantelle (and Kamryn and Emerson) very much though. Sean was asked to conduct and did an amazing job. I was so proud of him. He really has such a great ability to do those things.
Grandma Dunroe truly was an amazing lady. She was a single mom who raised 2 great kids all on her own. I can't really imagine that. The stories that were shared were uplifting and most made everyone laugh. I always loved Grandma Dunroe. I loved her always present smile. I love that she was always in good spirits and had such a cheerful disposition anytime we were with her. We had the opportunity at times to go to the Nursing home when Tom was out of town on a trip and be with her to eat (since she sometimes refused to eat). It was always fun to see her light up when you sat down even though I know she wasn't at all sure who I was, but nonetheless she would look at me and smile and talk to me while she ate. Every time I left thinking that I needed to do it more often.
We are so happy that she is free from pain and suffering now. She lived a great life for 94 years and I'm sure the reunion with her parents and siblings was pretty amazing on the other side. We love you Grandma!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry guys! But it is so much better to think of her happy and healthy.

:)