CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quality Time

I have some major catch up to do! Last week Tayler and Rylee had their Dance Recital. It was so much fun and both girls did fantastic. I was a bit worried that Rylee would bow out at the last minute, but she did great. She was so serious the whole time up on stage, watching her teacher so intently, we laughed so hard. Tayler is a natural. She really does well at dance. It was fun to see how excited they were to do it. At the end their Daddy gave them flowers and then we went out for ice cream with our friends.

Here are some pictures from the night (my camera couldn't capture any great ones during the performance. We need to figure out how to get a video clip on here.)



Ready to go out..


We have been so busy lately. It always seems like there is something to be doing that needs to be done right then. I have decided that I am going to simplify this week and focus on spending quality time with my kids. I want to talk to them and then listen to what they have to say instead of the "how was school Tay- good" conversation. I want to really cherish this time I have with them. I want them to know that they are the only thing I really have going on and not the 101 other things. To know that I have time to listen to what they have to say instead of cutting them off because I have to answer the phone or because I am too caught up in something else going on. Everything else can wait, at least a few minutes, right?

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Great advice! I needed to hear that today! I'm going to go be with my kids!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures...they are certainly the cutest girls!!!
You are a great mom and I will remind your kids how lucky they are in a few years when they don't realize it!!!
Love ya!

Debbie said...

Those are two cute little girls!

Katie & Jared said...

OH MY GOSH!!! What cute girls!!! I miss them so much. Hope you are doing well. LOVE YA!!!

Maria said...

Loved the recital! Tayler and Rylee were both too darling for words. :) (I can help you compress the video to put on here, if that's the help you need...)

Shelly said...

I was so amazed at some of the Christmas parties when they did their little dances! Tayler kept right with the beat, by herself, and Rylee already has great talent in how to move and everything. I hope Emma got some talent-it is probably just a "Linton" talent, though. I have never actually seen Sean dance much :)

Sheri said...

I love that their daddy gave them flowers! So cute!! It is important to spend the quality time!! See ya tomorrow!

kourtney said...

They look great! Congrats on selling you poop! Miss seeing you.

. said...

You go girls! It makes sense that Tay is a natural... she must get if from her Mother!

Good luck taking a break from your crazy, hectic life. You can do it!

Moore Family said...

I bet their dance was darling! How fun for both of them.
You're awesome for working so hard on being a good mom! Thanks for the inspiration and reminding me I need to try a little harder on those things!
Have a good week.

Unknown said...

Too cute!

CB said...

Your girls look adorable.

You are a great mom to recognize that other things can wait and spending time with your sweet little ones is much more important.

:)