So, Tayler has been earning money for a Mariposa (Barbie) dress for a while now. I pay her on Monday's when she helps with Jayson and I am working, and then earns money on other various chores as well. She was shy about $2 so her and her friend Kinsey did a lemonade stand yesterday. They made a killing in only about 45 minutes. Nice job guys!
Yesterday after things calmed down we counted her money, took out tithing to pay on Sunday, and guess what, she had enough for her long awaited dress. So, off we go to Walmart.
**side note: All this time Rylee has caught on and decided that she wants a Mariposa dress too. I told her that she had to earn at least half (which I thought would be impossible since she has been on a fit throwing rampage and most of her money was getting taken away), but she ended up having $9.15 after tithing. Thinking it still wouldn't be enough I told her we would have to wait and see exactly how much the dress was. **
Okay, so we arrive at Walmart. We are back in the toys and we spot the Mariposa dress. Oh no, I see that there is only one left. Yikes, Help, anyone? I even grabbed it right before this other couple was going for it. Sorry folks. I did what I had to do. They made some comment and threw their hands up, but again, too bad, I'm already dealing with just 1 dress and 2 little people. Can't you understand?
Back to the 1 dress issue. 2 girls + 1 dress = disaster. Great! I was a little panicked wondering how this little scenario would unfold, but then sweet Tayler says:
Okay, so we arrive at Walmart. We are back in the toys and we spot the Mariposa dress. Oh no, I see that there is only one left. Yikes, Help, anyone? I even grabbed it right before this other couple was going for it. Sorry folks. I did what I had to do. They made some comment and threw their hands up, but again, too bad, I'm already dealing with just 1 dress and 2 little people. Can't you understand?
Back to the 1 dress issue. 2 girls + 1 dress = disaster. Great! I was a little panicked wondering how this little scenario would unfold, but then sweet Tayler says:
"it's okay mom, Rylee can have it. I am okay with that"
Could she possibly be any sweeter or a better big sister? No, this was her day that she had waited for and earned money. I still wasn't going to let that happen just because Rylee would throw another tantrum, (I was ready for it). As it turns out, Tayler spotted a Sleeping Beauty dress, which she also wanted. BIG SIGH. It all worked out & BONUS, the Mariposa dress was even on Clearance for $13 so Rylee was able to purchase it. Another BIG SIGH!
Each girl took their turn paying for their very own dress. It was so cute. I helped them both count out their money, and yes they had a lot of quarters, and yes the line was so long, but I didn't care, we took our time. I love those moments.
just home from the store with the big purchases
Tayler modeling
So happy together (yes, cue singing)
I love to teach them the value of truly earning things. It really has taken Tay quite a while and a lot of work. I am so proud of her. Love these two girls.








6 comments:
You're the perfect mom for those two little perfect kids! I'm so glad it worked out just right. What a cute big sis Tayler is!
You are the coolest mom ever! I would have dived for that dress to if there was only one!
Ok you need to tell me how you do you whole reward money thing -vs- taking away?
What sweet girls you are raising and could taylor get any sweeter?
Those are the perfect moments that makes it all worth it!
Tayler that is so awesome that you would willingly give up your dress for your sister. That's very loving and grown up.
I'm glad that it all worked out alright and everyone got what they needed!
I love your description of going for the dress in front of the other couple...I can picture it in slow motion!!!
Counting down the days until I can give you all a big hug!!!
SO CUTE!!! I am so proud of you girls for working so hard to earn the money to buy your dresses. I can't wait to see them. We are so excited to see you in a week!!!
LOVE YOU!!!
Tay impresses me so much... I need to be more like her!
You girls look amazing in your cute dresses. I'm excited that I get to see the two princesses in person again in just a few days!
Well Tay can also wear Ry's right? Two for one!
When will that girl get some meat on her?!!!
I am tagging you on my blog!
Hugs!
Post a Comment