We started out with Tay's soccer game at 10, and then the long awaited day to go to Lagoon had come. Last year we didn't get season passes again since I was pregnant, so we promised Tay that this year we could. She was so excited she could hardly contain herself.
After the soccer game **where she scored a beautiful goal** we came home, changed and headed out. Now the magic number for the "big kid rides" is 46 inches and our Tay is just shy of it. That morning she and Sean headed out to see if they could find any BIG sole shoes to give her that extra boost, but none were found so we crossed our fingers anyway and tried to tell her that she may still not be tall enough.
When we arrived we saw the measuring stick and stood her up against it only to find out that she was quite a bit off the magic mark.
Well the first stop was the Rickety White Roller Coaster and we thought, well lets give it a try and sure enough she got through. Standing there waiting in line I almost teared up because she was so excited and had a grin from ear to ear. How fun to experience her first big kid ride with her.
She LOVED it. Not one bit scared. I was so proud of her.
I remember talking to Sean about how fun it would be when she could ride the fun rides with us several years ago, and the days have arrived!
I took Jayson and Rylee on the train and Sean took her on the Spider. Again she made it past and loved every minute of it (I'm not sure the 16 year old kid even noticed that she may not be tall enough). Phew! So of course, while he was standing guard we rode it 3 times.
Then came the Colossus. Oh boy, the grand daddy ride. The guy at the booth looked like someone who would be a bit more strict and measure several times, but once again, BINGO, through she went.
We had a great day and it was so empty we just walked on to every ride. It wasn't too hot, yet all my little people had sun-kissed faces when we got home. They were all exhausted and didn't even make it home before they were out! AHHH, the joys of summer days are upon us.
I wish I would have taken some pictures, but I didn't!
When we got home we made homemade pizzas. Sean has found his perfect crust and sauce recipe. It was sooo tasty. Watch out Papa Johns -- here comes Papa Sean!! Then we chilled downstairs and watched the Jazz game. It was so fun to finally have a day to be together as a family, with no interruptions!
Church was great today. Afterwards we went to our friends, the Carlson's, to play some games. Now the kids are all tucked in their beds- snoring simultaneously!
Tomorrow is work. Blah! But then we get to chill when the Hansens come out of their Hideout, and watch the Jazz game and eat dinner together. Can't wait for that. We love to hang out with them.
I think I'll call it a night to and go and join in the snore-A-thon!
p.s. congratulations to my friend Carolyn & Matt on their newest arrival, Owen! We love you guys!
And to the Moore's who finally arrived home Friday night with their new little bundle of joy! What a relief. I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend and that he is still doing well. Love you!








5 comments:
Sounds like you had a great weekend Jess-you deserved it!!!
Tayler is one brave chick...I won't ride those rides! Way to go T!!!
How's the painting going?
Souds like you guys had a lot of fun. I've never been to Lagoon so that may be something we have to do the next time we are in Utah.
Way to go Tay!! You are such a big girl!!!
It sounds like a great weekend!
It amazed me when we went to Disneyland and how unafraid Carter was to go on some of the big rides. Good for Tayler.
GO JAZZ!
What a weekend. You deserve a gold star for super mom! Maybe my kids need to relocate too for some ENTHUZIAZM that I feel we are lacking.
Ok... so where have I been? thank you for Monday! Superb. I can attest to the spectacular Papa Sean. DELICIOUS. I hope and pray you don't get sick of us. Because I REALLY like you!!!!
Post a Comment