CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Okay, Okay

So no Atlanta for us, it was April Fools.. so sorry!
Now if anything ever does happen no one will believe me. I will
be like the boy who cried wolf! :)

Speaking of April Fools though,
My favorite April Fools joke happened when Rylee was 2 1/2
months old. I bought a pregnancy test and had my friend
(who was pregnant at the time)
take it for me so that it would show a postive reading.
I then hid it in the downstairs bathroom so that it would be all ready for the
next day. I woke up and came down early while Sean was
still eating breakfast.

The stage was set.

Well a trait of mine is that I can make myself cry on cue so I came
out of the bathroom crying--holding the pregnancy test
(remember that Rylee was still just a newborn) carrying on about how
I couldn't be pregnant again so quickly and how I wasn't going to be able to
do it.. and on and on and on.

When Sean finally figured out what was going on and
saw the pregancy test he was ecstatic!
He was so thrilled to have another one and so excited to tell everyone
at work... uh oh-- not the reaction I excepted!

He buzzed around the kitchen for a while (seriously so excited),
so as he was finally leaving out the door for work I had to come clean.
I couldn't let him go to work and tell everyone (now in hindsight I should have!!)
Dang it! I actually felt bad bursting his bubble.

Well, the other funny part of the story is that my friend, Kim,
also did it to her husband.

So when Sean found out about our little prank, he called her husband
to let him know it was just an April Fool's joke.
In return her husband started
playing the prank back on her. He had his Dad call and tell her how thrilled
they were, and a whole bunch of other funny things, and then he drove
a brand new Durango (with the
Sales guy from the Car Dealer in the car) home and acted like they would
go back to the dealership and sign the papers that day for the
new car to force her to come clean too.

It was a pretty funny day! I still can't believe my husband ratted
us out, but we all got a good chuckle out of it at the end!

Now for April 2nd,
We woke up to rain/snow again. Bummer!
I took Tay to school, started some laundry
and then called my wonderful friend Maria who let us
crash her house and eat lunch and just hang out. She is the best &
I love to hang out with her and her cute kiddo! Thanks again for
a wonderful afternoon!

I also talked to my sister who is getting so close to having her new
little bambino make his entrance. Can't wait for that.

Now all my kids are napping so I am off to iron!

Hope you all had a great April Fools Day!
Any other fun pranks take place?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it! It was all just a little too "coincidental' to post on April Fool's day. Jaiden got me good and taped the handle on the water sprayer on the kitchen sink so when I turned on the water it shot me. Flash back to Rick's College days when my roomie Tristi did that to me over and over and over. Why didn't I clue in a remember to check everytime? I have no idea. Oh well, it was crazy.

Joey and Nettifer said...

you totally got me!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Carter played April fools jokes all day. They went like this: "Mom, look there's a spider on the wall" of course my reaction "April fools." Silly kid!

I am glad the weather is finally warming up at least for this weekend. Hopefully it will last longer this time. I am tired of the teasing.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're really not moving to Atlanta!!
I think you're hilarious with your little tricks and Sean is on to you!!!
Can't wait to see you and cute little Jayson!!

Maria said...

Thank goodness you're not really going anywhere. I'm not sure if I would like Atlanta. ;) It was fun to hang out! Thanks for bringing lunch and for brightening our day!

Anonymous said...

Didn't realize you were a little prankster like that... too funny!

Glad you are not moving to Atlanta... how am I supposed to live in your basement if you move to Atlanta??!!!!