CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 26, 2007

Long time

Woo, it has been a long time since I blogged!

Lots has happened.
I got to go and visit my fabulous sister in Boise and spend some time with her and her family. It was wonderful. I love to be with her. We shopped, vegged, shopped, ate, just hung out, and had a great time. I love that girl more than I can say and her cute girls (and Steve too!). I loved seeing them and playing with all of them. Jayson was spoiled too with all the attention. I think I need to steal Emmy to come and live with me. She was such a big helper! I really wish we lived closer-- maybe someday in my perfect world!

We hosted Thanksgiving this year at our home. We had 25 people in all. It was a chaotic, good time. It was fun to visit with everyone, but a bit stressful trying to cram that many people in at one time. (I hope no one was claustrophobic :0) The food was wonderful (Sean did everything). I am so glad I married someone that can cook so well.

My kidlets have been sick, sick, sick. We thought that Rylee had Hand, Foot, and Mouth, but now they are saying that it is just the Herpes virus that got her. She had a mouth and throat full of canker sores. Poor girl! It was so sad. She had a high fever to go along with it all as well. I felt so bad for her. When I left Thursday night to my sisters she didn't look like she felt so great, but I didn't think she would be that sick for so long. It lasted over a week and then she started acting a little better. It is nice to have her feeling better again! But now poor Tayler has it too. The cold sore on her lip is massive.
(sorry for the gross picture, but I had to share. Icky huh??)
I thought she might have strep but that test came back negative yesterday. I hate it when my kids are sick and I can't do anything to make them feel better. I love to snuggle them and read them stories.
On the 15th, the girls did a dance routine for the Viemont drill team's fund raiser. It was hysterical!! Rylee just stood there, but Tayler danced her little heart out. She is quite the little dancer! At the end Rylee did blow kisses to the audience and everyone clapped. It was pretty dang cute. The pictures didn't turn out but we have it on video (it was too dark in the gym).
Well, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving week(end). I am grateful for so many things in my life. I truly am so blessed in every way and I hope to never take that for granted.

Today we are decorating the tree (I think it might cure Tayler). She is so excited to help! Last night Sean set up the tree so now we will drag out all the Christmas totes, crank up the Christmas music and decorate all day!
Loves to all!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oweee!! Poor girls...I've never had a cold sore but that looks so painful. Sorry girls...I'm sending you lots of hugs your way!
Have fun decorating your tree...I need to get all my Thanksgiving stuff down.
I miss you all...wish we could shrink the distance between Clearfield and Boise!!

Rachel said...

Poor Rylee. That looks awful!

Glad you had fun with your sister. They are the best!

Joey and Nettifer said...

That makes me so sad about your little girls! I can only imagine the pain. What did the Dr's give her?
Yeah for getting your christmas tree out - can't get enough this time of year.
You should post the video of the girls dancing!

Sisters are the best!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Jess is back... I was wondering what was happening in your life since you haven't blogged for awhile! Hugs to the girls... hopefully they are both happy and healthy again! Have fun decking the halls!

Anonymous said...

I also turned on some christmas music and danced with the kids a bit on Monday. I love the holiday aire that the music brings.

Those cold sores look so ouchy! Those are the worst. I hope that they leave soon. Brave girl!

Glad you had fun in Boise shopping and relaxing.

Unknown said...

Hi friend!
Glad you had a good time in ID. Sisters are rather special!

Your poor girls! Oweeee! The mouth is so tender, and how do you eat? Poor things. That is stinky.

So you hosted T-day too huh? It was chaotic, but I loved it!

Happy decorating!

Anonymous said...

Poor Rylee! So sad! How fun that Jayson will finally have a little boy cousin! YEAH, We are dang excited that Steve will have a boy. The poor kid will have 4 mothers though :)

Unknown said...

What a yucky thing to have on your lip! Poor little things!!

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Love ya!