CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 12, 2007

Weekend

Well having 5 kids for 24 hours was a lot of work, but it was fun! The weather was nice enough to run and play outside so we did a lot of that!

Sat. morning I had to go to work so Sean was in charge until 12:00 when I got home and did a marvelous job. When I came in they were all dressed and eating lunch. I was very impressed :)

The rest of the weekend was nice and relaxing. Sat. afternoon Sean had a leadership training meeting so the girls and I took naps. Afterwards, we got up and made dinner and went and got the babysitter, who was wonderful, and went to the Adult session of Stake Conference. It was nice, but I totally wanted to go out to get a treat afterwards, but couldn't! 1 more week of this food storage stuff.

Last night we made Pork Barbecoa (sp?), like Cafe Rio's, and had some friends over. It tasted so good. Thanks for the recipe Jen! Tonight they are cooking dinner for us. That will be nice to not dream up something again!

Yesterday after Stake Conference Sean didn't have any meetings so we all came home and took naps. It felt good to be lazy.

So does anyone have any fun plans for Valentines this year? I need some ideas of what to do and what to buy my hubby. I already have the girls presents figured out, but no idea what to get him?!

Happy Monday everyone!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend you had! Good for you for living on your food storage. I know we'd run out of something for every meal. We really need to work on that.

Valentines in our house is usually quite sedate. This year for sure since Brent's in San Diego. Sorry ... no ideas from me.!

Love ya!

Rachel said...

no fun on valentines here. ryan has a meeting about an hour away & will be stuck in traffic getting home. haven't gotten him anything either & i am not up to shop w/ 2 yet...yikes!!

Anonymous said...

yum love cafe rio! I like the chicken salad better then the pork so I have a recipe for the chicken if you would like that?
I have no ideas for valentines gifts. glen and I tend to forget each other a bit since it's Carter's birthday and all. Oh well!

Anonymous said...

Did you get the goodies we left? I totally forgot to bring the potatoes I bought to go with the roast. I was at Costco today, can you tell? I have WAY too many potatoes...I guess I better share with those is need :)

Joey and Nettifer said...

You know we are not big on Valentines. We just make cookies, and drop valentines off to all of our friends around he neighborhood. We also don't buy presents. We save our money for big trips. Sorry no help from me. I know you will come up with some cute things!

Anonymous said...

I think it's the little stuff that counts...the kids like the cute valentines and candy and to know they are loved!
The only ideas I have are heart shaped meatloaf, red jello, cookies etc. You're such a smartie you'll come up with something!!
Keep the sunshine coming...

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, sorry I have no ideas for you. After all, it is single awareness day to me! Good luck, I'm sure you'll come up with somethig good!