just not something that you want to spend money on because yours is stupid and has
broken several times (and it's only 3 1/2 years old!) Anyway, it will be nice to be
able to cook things in it again and it is being delivered tonight!
Friday night Tayler went to a U of U gymnastics meet with her Aunt and cousins. I
really hate it when she is gone, but she had a great time. Saturday I went to work
and then took a nap. I am so tired all the time- I hate it! It was also Sean's grandma's
birthday so we met everyone in his family and extended family that night at the Olive
Garden in Sugarhouse. It was a good meal but somehow we got stuck at the table with all the
kids and they were running in front of the waiters, etc. It's amazing to me that as
a parent you can be totally oblivious to what your kids are doing.
So our basement is almost finished! It just needs to be painted and today I am going
to pick out carpet and hardwood floor coverings. We tried to go on Saturday but it
closed early.
Right now I am going to lunch with my friend Brittney. We are trying out this new soup and
sandwich place in Bountiful. Should be good!
Today marks the 4 year anniversary of my Dad's passing. I can't believe that it has been that long! I really miss him each and every day.
This is a paragraph from the talk I gave at his funeral:
"All of these things are simple just like he was. Dad was a simple man—so what you saw is what you got and boy did we get a lot. He was a hero in his kids eyes. He could do no wrong. You could never get mad at dad because he always meant well and just wanted to help. He loved those things that were important in this life. He loved his family. He always said that he was the luckiest kid in the world to have the mother, father, brothers, and special aunts, uncles and cousins that he did. He also said he was the luckiest man in the world because of the special woman he married. He always told us that mom could do anything and that we needed to grow up and be just like her or find wives that had those qualities. He cherished each of his children also. He would say that his were the best looking, smartest, most capable and talented in the whole world. He was a proud dad. He was always there in the crowd, but just stood back with a tear or two in his eye. We could always tell that he loved us. He had so much love in his heart."
I can't wait to see him again! Love you Dad!








7 comments:
I forgot how perfect your talk was!
Thanks!
Love ya!
Your talk was really perfect and you were so composed..I would have been a blubbering idiot...i blubbered just reading your clip.
I'm so excited to see your finished basement!
Have fun at the soup and sandwich shop but remember there is a Cutler's right down the street!!!!!
Love you
Beautiful talk. Thinking of you lots on this day. Love to all.
I loved reading your talk. He sounds like a wonderful dad!
Hope you liked Paradise - it is delicious!
You are always so good about giving your dad a great tribute every year. Good for you.
Our paths could have crossed twices this last weekend. We had a YW sleepover/retreat up at a cabin but we were worried about the weather so we thought about going to the gymnastic meet also. I guess I could have ran into Tayler.
Then on Saturday we were considering going to Olive Garden right there but decided it would be easier with the kids to just go to Training Table right next door.....it would have been nice to run into you though. Dang!
Sounds like you had a great weekend.
Yea for your new oven!
Yea for picking out stuff for your basement. Soooo exciting! That went quickly!
Yea for families that can be together forever!
Love you friend!
Your dad is surely a very proud man to see his family all heading in the right direction...right on back to him.
I need the name of the contractor who is doing your basement. Some friends need some names of people to get bids on theirs.
Did you go to Paradise Cafe? They have one in Denver and although I never went, I have heard many wonderful things about it. Did you happen to notice that right next door will be a Chipotle? YEAH!!!! My favorite burrito place ever!
Post a Comment