After the doctor, we went and got Tayler's hair cut (her first one!) The lady took off about 3 inches and put in some layers so it is cute and bouncy again. Everyone loved her curls in the salon and I think she enjoyed it as well!
Sunday, I got to Church about 5 minutes late (big surprise) and Sean stayed home sick. Well the Stake President was just finishing up (this was before the sacrament or baby blessings or anything), and so I just caught the tail end of it. He was basically just telling us to prepare ourselves for Stake Conference that is coming up this Sunday. I didn't think anything of it until Monday morning when my neighbor told us that he had challenged all of us to live for 2 weeks on our food storage and what we already had in our homes. Seriously? I was literally on my way to the grocery store, but thought I should OBEY and so I didn't go.
Thankfully we went to the Macey's case lot sale a few weeks ago and stocked up on a bunch of things, but 2 weeks will still be a long time for some things that are almost gone. I am totally rationing my milk since I only have 2 gallons and my kids are huge milk drinkers, but I think we can do it. I also only had a half of loaf of bread left so this was my project today.
This was actually my favorite thing my mom made while I was growing up, but I have never made bread before (just rolls). It is cracked wheat bread and OH so yummy! I hope it turns out and tastes good because this is it for 2 weeks :)
I think it will be a good lesson for me and truly show me what else I need to stock up on in case we really can't get to the store.
Anyway, I thought it was unfair since we were out of town, but we luckily have quite a bit of food in our pantry and fridge. Sean pointed out that we may not get time to "prepare" if there is an earthquake or something so it will be a good lesson in the long run. Keep your fingers crossed and I will let you know how it turns out. I am sure my girls will never want to eat Mac & Cheese again after these 2 weeks are over :)
Well I hope that everyone is doing well! Love you all!








8 comments:
You guys are amazing! Good luck! I know you can do it!
Love ya!
Love the new look of your blog- very cute and pink.
Cant wait to see your little ones hair cut with all those curls.
two weeks. that is a lot of food!
I also love your new look.
You are very brave for making bread. It scares me for some reason. But if you make rolls I am sure it is close to the same thing. Good for you.
Will you find out the sex of your baby at your next appt.?
Cute blog! We would starve in about 2 days...seriously! You are awesome to do that. Let me know. It is hard to have food storage in our little apartment, but we really need to get on it!
Yep, I think BriAnna would LOVE to babysit on Saturday night. Just call and give us the details. Can you email me your recipe for Cracked Wheat Bread? I love cracked wheat and my Bosch sits so unused most of the time. I like to make bread but I just don't think about it.
Do you guys have a membership to the Clearfield Rec Center? We just bought one the other night. I took the older two last night to swim while I worked out. BriAnna and I are going to do deep water aerobics on Thursday night. What a cool place!
You're bread looks very pretty! Don't worry, we all forget something every once in awhile!!!
I commend you for being obedient...I would've gone to the store. Can't wait to see Tayler's hair, she is such a cutie.
Love the pink!!
Your bread looks amazing Jess! That is a really neat idea- to live off your food storage. The first blizzard, right before Christmas, was tough since we didn't have milk, eggs, or bread and we really couldn't go to the store! That was a nice eye-opener for me!
I love your new background! Cute picture of you and Tay!
Love ya!
Post a Comment