It always seems like time goes by so quickly. This week has been BUSY (the first 2 days with watching kids each day, one day the kids came at 6:00 a.m.) but yesterday and today have been great. I went with my friend Brittney to lunch yesterday and then did some shopping. The kids were tired by the time we got home so it was nighty-night for them!
We found this great place called Day Farms where you can pick your own tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, tomatillos, etc. for 20 cents a pound. They also have peaches, onions, corn, peas, etc. to buy (for cheap). The girls thought it was fun to sit in the back of the truck and go down the bumpy dirt roads. The actual farm is HUGE!! It's amazing that I didn't' even know it existed and it's only a mile from our house. I love that there are still some places like that. Everyone is selling their land to get LOTS & LOTS of money from developers and seriously who wouldn't?
They also had big pumpkin patches which will be fun in a month or so. I love when summer winds down and fall comes. I HATE the cold and snow, but I love the holidays and fun times that come with it.
I found out that my friend Rachel is having another Girl.. Congratulations! It's so fun to have new babies. I don't know if I will ever be ready for #3. I like how things are right now. Especially with Sean in school now! Maybe someday it will hit me.
I hope that everyone has a splendid weekend! Hooray for Labor Day- I love 3 day weekends. That means the start of FOOTBALL in my house though.. oh goodie! :)
Loves to All.
Mindy McKnight’s Affiliate / Coupon Codes
1 month ago








6 comments:
Thanks for the shout-out! 2 girls will be so cute like Tayler & Rylee!
That farm sounds fun. I'll have to tell my sisters about it.
Hi, I am Carolyn's friend and I stop by every once in awhile to check out your blog. Cute kids!
I was wondering where that fun farm was? I would love to take my little one there?
I know waht you mean about not being ready for number 3! - Don't know if I will ever be ready!! Football season started at our house last week...we need another t.v. Love the pick it yourself places there are farms here with blueberries and strawberries. They seem to taste better too.
I know waht you mean about not being ready for number 3! - Don't know if I will ever be ready!! Football season started at our house last week...we need another t.v. Love the pick it yourself places there are farms here with blueberries and strawberries. They seem to taste better too.
Oh, yes, football. I just drew names for Matt. He and some friends are doing the fantasy football thing!
It totally feels like fall here right now, seriously, I changed out my closet today and have been wearing long sleeves. Love it!
I need to hit some farmer's markets. I'm so bad about that, although I really do enjoy the fresh stuff.
Enjoy your weekend.
wow, that farm sounds cool. We will have to get directions from you and go, especially closer to pumpkin "hatching" time.
Post a Comment