CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 24, 2006

Saturday- Workin' 9 to 5

Saturday was the day of work outside! We seriously worked non-stop from 9 (okay Sean was up a little earlier) until 5. Sean and I both were super sore that night! We planted all the flower beds, cleaned out the garage, put the patio set out and other toys for Tayler and Rylee, weeded, mowed and just cleaned up everything. It looks so good now! I love it.


Rylee and Tayler were pure mud from head to toe when we finally came in. I put them in the tub and the water instantly turned brown-- (I should have taken pictures). As we were planting the last flower bed on the west side of our house Rylee decided she was hungry and ate half the Pansy-- from the bottom- with all the roots. I'm sure that is completely poisonous. Great work!! She gives you a run for your money! Tayler wanted to go swimming in her blue pool when she saw it in the garage. We kept telling her that it wasn't warm enough, but after an hour or two of whinnying and crying Sean said "fine- go get on your swimsuit" I asked him what he was doing and he said that he was going to show her that Mom and Dad know what they are talking about. Well he filled up the pool with water (of course it was ice cold) and when Tay put her foot in she did not want to get in any further. I asked her why and she looked at me like "well duh mom it's too cold!"

Sean went and got us Fazzoli's for dinner since neither one of us were in the mood to cook, then we just chilled. It felt so good to lay on the couch and do nothing. Rylee was begging to go to bed at 8:00 and Tayler wasn't far behind. I love to get chores done.

Today was nice because I didn't have to go into Grievance and I didn't go to the gym until Sean got home. We put the kids in day care and worked out together and then were going to take the kids swimming, but they drained the pool.. WHAT!! Tayler was devastated. How do you explain the logic behind it to a 3 year old. We went to Krispy Kreme and got her a donut instead. So sad.

Now it is time for bed.. nighty night!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Good work! I can't wait to have a house that I can do yard work and actually set-up a little pool for Mia (even if it is too cold!). Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Nice looking yard Jess!

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, big sigh. Love your yard! It looks fantastic!