CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tayler's Broken Nose

On Wednesday, February 6th, Tayler had the unfortunate event of getting knocked by her teammates head, right in her face, during soccer practice.

Thankfully, she didn't have a ton of pain, but it did bleed a TON, and got really swollen and a little bruised.  I made an appt. the next day just to get it checked out, just in case.

Well it was broken!  Bummer. We had to follow up with an ENT to see if she required surgery.

 We went to the ENT and he said she did need surgery because it was drooping and he wanted to fix it.  So that Wednesday, she ended up having surgery.
 she wasn't super excited..

 The Dr. said the surgery went great, and he was able to pop the bone right back into place very easily, so there was little swelling and no bleeding.  She actually woke up and was chipper.  The IV in her arm hurt more than the surgery.. haha!



She got her cast off on Wednesday and everything looked great.  Her cute little nose is back to its normal, straight self.  She has to wear her cast at night and when she plays/practices soccer, but other than everything is better.

5 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Cute T!
You are one tough soccer player girl!
Love the cast, not much fun to have surgery but now you have your cute nose back!!!
Love ya!

Unknown said...

She's so cute with a broken nose. You can hardly tell!

Glad it went well. :)

CB said...

That is quite the ordeal for one so young. But she is a force to be reckoned with on the soccer field and with this I think everyone might know that now!
She's a trooper - I am sure it was a bit frightening.

Joey and Nettifer said...

oh my heck! Are you serious!? I am so sorry. I am glad she was such a trooper through it all! The cast is cute!
PS I think your comments were so funny I laughed out loud when I Read what you wrote

Katie & Jared said...

What a trooper! We were glad to hear the surgery went well. Hope she is feeling way better now. <3