CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Snow Day

Thursday afternoon it started to snow.. A LOT!! It didn't stop all afternoon and into the evening.  When we went to bed, Sean had snow plowed twice.  I get that we live in Utah, and we are very use to snow, but this one dumped on us, quickly=!  We received more snow in Davis County than the mountains got.

At 5:55 the next morning, my cell phone rang and I received the automated message that school was cancelled.  I couldn't believe it.  I have never heard of school getting cancelled in Utah (at least not since I was in elementary school).  I was thrilled.  I turned off the alarm, and went back to sleep. It was glorious.

Sean came home early from work and pulled the kids on the 4 wheeler in the sled.
 They loved it!
 Look at all that snow!  19+ inches.  Yikes!  Our temperatures have only been in the teens too.  Awesome.


 Looks like Tayler got dumped off the sled.. but no worries,, here she COMES...

What a Nerd!!  Oh such fun in the snow. 

I personally don't like the snow, but I am glad my kids do.  I will gladly bundle them up and send them out to play and have the hot chocolate waiting for them :)

6 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

That looks like a winter wonderland!!
How fun to have a snow day!!!!
I'm with you...send them out, watch and have hot chocolate waiting!!!

Jenny Moore said...

That looks like a winter wonderland!!
How fun to have a snow day!!!!
I'm with you...send them out, watch and have hot chocolate waiting!!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

best snow day ever! I love that Sean did that. What a great did! YEah for snow!

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm amazed they cancelled school! What a fun surprise!

CB said...

Jess we had a snow day the day before you did but we did not get nearly that much snow. Holy Moly you guys got bombed!

Unknown said...

How fun is that!?
Love that Sean takes them out... I send my kids out too... I just don't have the right gear... is my excuse, but I just don't love it!