CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Projects

A while back when we got new carpet throughout our whole house, I chucked both of the dressers in the kids rooms.  They were old, and both had a leg that was totally broken off. I feared that one of the kids would pull it down on them.  So when we made the dump run, I threw them in too.

The kids have been using their closets for their clothes, which has been okay, but I confiscated 2 dressers from my mom's house. 

They were old and I was excited to re-finish them. The big one is awesome and sturdy.  It is funny to think back to when I was growing up and my brothers using this dresser.

Here is how they both turned out:

BEFORE:


DURING:


AFTER:


This one is for Tay's room so I choose the Pottery Barn Antique White, which I love.
 
This next one is for the boys room.  I also chose a Pottery Barn Paint color and I used the Benjamin Moore Advanced Paint.  My new FAV!  It is a water based paint, but goes on like an oil paint.  It was so easy to work with and a little went a long way.
 
 
BEFORE:
 

DURING:

 
AFTER:
 
I can't say I am a good painter, but I did learn a lot and enjoyed doing it.  I am very proud of my 2 dressers and also very thankful they are done and out of my garage. I can actually park in the garage now.

5 comments:

Carley said...

AWESOME job!!! I need to paint Daxton's dresser which I have been intending to do since we got it over a year ago....you have inspired me...maybe I can get it done before the baby comes?!

Joey and Nettifer said...

check you out! Good job!

Unknown said...

They look great! What a great idea!

Katie & Jared said...

They look AWESOME Jess! Way to go!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic!!! These look great!