It started out with Jayson going in for a Tonsillectomy. We had to be to the hospital by 7:15 a.m. When he woke up at 6:30 you literally would have thought it was Christmas morning. He was so excited to go and get his tonsils out.
What? I couldn't figure it out, but I liked the positive attitude so we went with that.
We arrived, sat in the waiting room for a while and then it was our turn. The Dr., nurse, and Anesthesiologist all came and talked to us.
The greatest thing was, no hospital gown or anything. He was able to just stay in his p.j.'s the whole time. They gave him this bear that helped him to be brave.
..and off he goes. BYE little buddy, see you in a while. He was still so excited to get rid of those tonsils. Yep, you would have thought he was going to Disneyland. Still beaming.
I loved the whole team that worked on him. They were amazing!
After about 20 minutes the Dr. came into the waiting room and told me everything had gone great. They took his adenoids out as well. He said they were fairly large, so out they came. He even took a picture of his tonsils, just like Jayson had asked. He told me that he was in Phase 1 recovery just starting to wake up, and told me they would come in and get me in about 20 more minutes when he was heading to Step down recovery.
When I saw him, he was curled up on his bed in fetal position. I felt so bad for him. Then, he opened his eyes and smiled at me. I took him off the bed to snuggle him and wrap him up in a blanket on the big recliner, but when I moved him he threw up ALL over. Poor kid. This is when I thought, oh boy, this is going to be a long few days. Little did I know.
After he threw up, he actually perked right up. I think it was good to get it all out of his system. I was worried that he puked up all his pain medicine they had just barely given to him.
He had some water and then wanted to play my phone. We called Dad and then Grandma Linton called to see how it was going. He loved talking to everyone. His voice was a little raspy, but he sounded pretty good.
Then the Popsicles starting coming and it was all up hill from there. The nurses were amazed and said they had never seen a kid do so well. He was laughing and playing right outside his room. What a rock star.
The nurse kept having him point to the face chart with smiley faces down to sad faces, to tell them how he was feeling. He only pointed to the Happy face every time.. meaning he had no pain at all! They kept trying to see if he understood what they meant. I assured them that he did understand, but had no pain what-so-ever.
When they wheeled him out to the car, he bounced right in. We stopped to fill his RX, and he was running around like it was no big deal.
He came home, and ate tons of pancakes because he was starving. I thought he would be exhausted and take a long nap, but nope. He just wanted to be up and play. He even asked to invite a friend over.
Last night we had Tayler's birthday party and he played the night games with all the kids.
Seriously, amazes me. Last night he slept great. Didn't wake up at all. This morning, he woke up just fine as well with no pain medicine.
Crazy kid.
I hope this continues, but I feel so lucky that he is still doing so well. It is truly amazing to watch. If I wasn't there and didn't see the picture, I may not believe he had anything done!!














4 comments:
WOW!!! SO glad it went so well. We sure love him!
Jayson the Rock Star!!!
He is amazing! Yeah for him and yeah for you having an easy recovery!!!! Whew Hew!
oh my heck he is amazing! What a good kid! Does he have high pain tolerance? Wow serious he did amazing! Glad everything went so well!
That is fantastic! So glad that it went well!!!
Post a Comment